Wednesday, June 3, 2009

a born again baker...

I was a professional baker for years and it is only now, in retrospect, that I begin to realize, how badly inhaling airborne gluten was making me feel. It was for me, a double whammy, breathing and eating gluten. I thought that feeling physically exhausted and emotionally spent, and constant pain was a byproduct of hard work--silly me! Luckily, now I no longer bake with gluten for a living. Needless to say, I don't get anywhere near airborne gluten flours anymore. One of the first things I did, when I stopped eating gluten, was to completely purge my home of gluten and gluten related products, this included skin care products and cosmetics (yes, I'm a lipstick girl!). I was slightly depressed at this time because I love baking so much. It has been my goal since then, to make breads and baked goods--that do not taste like cardboard--with certified gluten free flours. I look forward to formulating, testing and sharing my successes with you. Have yourself an ever so beautiful gluten free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment