Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ohhh nooo... not Oatmeal?!?!!!


I had eaten a bowl of oatmeal in the morning every day for a very long time. When I stopped eating gluten, I stopped eating oats as well. Oats--because of possible cross-pollination with wheat--may contain measurable levels of gluten. I had always loved the--stick to your ribs--goodness of oatmeal. There are some growers who, in an effort to offer gluten free oats--grow their product in strictly oat dedicated areas, where they do not wind pollinate with other crops. Although I am still wary of them, luckily instead, I was able to fall in love with the creamy goodness of whole grain brown rice cereal. Arrowhead Mills Rice and Shine, and Bob's Red Mill Creamy Rice are my favorites, they fulfill my most primal porridge yearnings. "Sometimes I eats it lumpy, sometimes I eats it smooth but however I eats my brown rice porridge, it makes me want to groove!" Yum now for some breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment